Friday, November 25, 2005

Tribute...

...to my LAWR TG. Long overdue, but I mean all this from the bottom of my heart.

Troy, Zah, my lovely binder groupmates...it was a long, tough road, but we got there in the end. I'll remember the late nights in school. The weekends we burnt. The phone and MSN discussions in the wee hours of the morning. Scribbling madly on the whiteboards of whatever classrooms we could grab. The frustrations, the impasses, and the breakthroughs. Thank you for the memories - despite whatever difficulties we had in the process, I can only look back at them in fondness now.

Huay Ching, remember the talk we had on MSN, the night before the Oral Presentation? Was 4am in the morning, spirit and drive had reached a new low, was just slogging through what I had to get through before I showered and went to school in a few hours. Our conversation re-awakened the fire in me. The fire to prove my point, the drive and desire to craft the perfect argument. The motivation to push on, to not just complete the task but also to put in my best. Thank you - it made the difference, and for this I am truly grateful.

Itishree, youngest member of our TG, thank you for the perspective. I don't think I ever said this, but I have nothing but the greatest respect for how you do your best in an environment that must have been at least slightly disorientating at first - I know that I'd definitely be struggling if I were in your shoes. I respect your mental strength - thank you for reminding me of the big picture, whether you meant to or not.

Zhixiang, our learned Lord Seow, time to get used to this nickname, because I suspect you're gonna be stuck with it for a very long time...thank you for all the brilliant insights, and for being such a team player during the duration of the entire research binder. For being such a moderating force. Try not to beat your teammates next time, though, you'll lose brownie points for that...

Xiang - core member of the Holland V group, I'll remember the dinners, the idle talk, our shared interests...am truly thankful that I met someone like you, so different yet so similiar to me. The funny thing is, I thought you were fairly intimidating when I first met you! Appearances are deceiving, after all - looking forward to another semester of Holland V dinners and assorted outings! Oh, yeah, and before I forget, something I once mentioned: Shel Silverstein - Picture Puzzle Piece.

Audrey, my bruddah, yo! Resident thespian/vocalist, she with the not-so-Singlish accent, and proud member of the Holland V group, thanks for the companionship. For the music. For not trusting me when I told you that we were having LAWR when I called you, hrmmm. For being a great person to bounce ideas off. For all the laughter and madness. Rock forever, yo!

Yue-En, Holland V group and 151 gang member, am thankful to have met you, my brother in Christ. Thank you for the prayers, for the theological discussions, for the insights. For the notes. For all the encouragement. May we continue to help each other to grow in Him, and seek to remind each other of our place and purpose, of the big picture. To just be fellow Christians supporting each other in the race we're running.

Joel, sups mah homie, you iz my dawg, yo! Another proud member of both the Holland V group and 151 gang! Thanks for the guy talk, for the sharing, for the encouragement. For being another great team player, always willing to share the fruits of your hard work. For all the inane stuff. While I may still fail to find Spanish Flea funny, at least we can agree that Happy Tree Friends is good stuff!

Quan Quan, you got an entry already, by virtue of being only person who shares both TGs with me...but thanks for being the voice of optimism even when everyone seemed so down. For refusing to conceed defeat. For faith. For the never-give-up spirit. Your belief in the strength of our case even when it seemed so much easier to make concessions and submit a pessimistic prediction - it spurred me on, even though you may not have noticed this. And I'm thankful, for how your self-belief gave me the will to carry on.

And Jo, our kindergarden teacher, our zoo-keeper, our guide to the labyrinths of the law...thank you for your patience, for being so approachable, for all the encouragement, for being more than just a generic tutor. For not just teaching us about the Law, but also teaching us about ourselves. For your wonderful sense of humour. For your belief in us. For putting your very best in everything you've done for us. Thank you.

I'm truly thankful for everything, everyone. Looking forward to another great semester ahead with y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home