Friday, November 04, 2005

Weird dreams

Okay, so I just woke up, and I had this really weird dream.

Exam time, contracts paper. Strangely, we were taking the paper in some classroom that seemed right out of TCHS. Tables, windows, etc. And when the time came, we had to go get our exam papers from our mailboxes (the ones outside the moot court), then get back into the classroom to begin work.

So we got our papers, and apparently all the normal exam rules were thrown out of the window, because the invigilator kept leaving the room and we kept discussing our papers. Except there wasn't anything to discuss. Half the class had one question, and the other half had another. My half had the question, "Who said that J. T. Poh is nonsense?" Besides the fact that nobody had any idea at all who J. T. Poh was, supposedly we had to know which member of the teaching staff had said that he was nonsense, then discuss it.

The other half of the class had an equally horrible question, involving something about limits and factors. In other words, math or physics. Not contracts. That should really really have tipped me off to the fact that it was a dream, but as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

So we were just there agonising and moaning, and suddenly we had to go down to the LT for some special announcement by the Dean. So, a diversion! Yay! So we trooped down to the LT, where the dean talked for a bit. Then he mentioned that another speaker was going to come on. So people started murmuring about the exam paper, and he went, "Oh, exams?"

(pregnant pause)

"These exams aren't counted. Didn't you all know?" In an absolute deadpan manner.

And the crowd goes wild! Some people are going "Huh?", others are going "WTF?", yet others are cussing like mad, some are screaming for joy. And I was just. Friggin. Happy. That I didn't have to go back and look at that totally incomprehensible, torturous question before me.


So a while later, I woke up, and I just lay there in my bed contented that there were going to be no exams and stuff. Then my mom came into the room to get the digital camera or something, but she couldn't find it, so I got up to get it for her. And as I was looking for the camera, reality finally hit and I realised that it's a Friday morning, I have torts in a couple of hours and SLS after that, and YES WE DO HAVE EXAMS IN A FEW WEEKS.

I really, really, really hate that feeling. When you wake up from a dream and all's good and then the truth of the situation sinks in.

Off to uni now. So much work undone, but hey, at least I finally caught up on my sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home