Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Human Condition.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

- Lewis Carroll, The Walrus and The Carpenter


-------------------------------------------

I'm starting to believe that it's my calling to talk to people. To lend a listening ear. To share my views. Is that my true purpose? I don't know. But I'd like to think so. And I intend to find out.

Thank you, Lester, Rui, and Yaolong, for making this a weekend of thought and contemplation, of intellectual and theological discourse, of personal and spiritual growth. Thank you for challenging me, for engaging me, and for sharing your thoughts with me. Thank you for being my friends.

In other news, the area surrounding the wasp sting is red and swollen. It's about the size of 2 50-cent coins, and it's alternating between itching and numbness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home