Thursday, March 02, 2006

Supper is...

Leg of Khel with onions.

So I'm lying down in bed preparing to drift off when I feel something on my leg so I try to brush it off and the next moment I get a red hot sting on my thigh. So I shout something unmentionable and leap out of bed and flick on the lights and I see this wasp-like thing on my wall and a stinging pain centered around an angry red spot on my thigh.

So my parents tell me that rubbing an onion on the sting is probably the best thing to do because it's starting to swell and I can feel needles of pain still. Not a dull ache, but a sudden poke every few seconds. And apparently, the onion juice will help to clear the toxins.

So here I am, alternating between typing on my laptop and rubbing my thigh with the cut half of an onion.

The funny thing is, this is probably the first time I've ever been stung by a bee or wasp. Well, actually, there's nothing funny about this.

If I don't turn up for Crim tomorrow you'll know it's because my leg has swollen to the size of an elephant's leg and I'll be lying in bed writing my will and regretting putting off signing up for that insurance policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home