Tuesday, February 21, 2006

And now for something much less cryptic!

So, the memorial's over and done with, and man, it feels good to have finally cleared that bugbear. Break week's here and it's time for a breather; too bad there's so much work to catch up on. I guess I'll get started...uhm, tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow.

Had a great time hanging out with the Law VCFers and others yesterday. After lunch, we went to watch I Not Stupid Too. The movie wasn't bad - while I didn't like the moral judgement, the movie made some extremely sharp observations about our system and the way Singaporeans do things. Go watch it. And get your parents to go watch it too.

A few of us headed to Kbox after the movie. Fun stuff! I'd forgotten how fun karaoke can be; yesterday's session was a pleasant reminder. Sorta liberating to shout, err, sing along to your favourite songs with friends and without the fear of flying objects from less tolerant members of society. Pity it was so expensive, but I'm sure we can find some weekday night and take advantage of cheaper rates sometime in the future!

Also picked up volumes 1 and 2 of Fables. Friggin good stuff; takes your fairy tales of yore and puts a wicked spin, and all you can do is hold onto the ride and see which way it turns out. Smart, funny, and enormously entertaining. The only problem, of course, is that this means I'm now collecting 3 series in all, and I'm all out of Kinokuniya vouchers. Ah wells, another problem for another day.

-------------------------------------------

Also, because I got arrowed by Trissypoo and Petripoo:


4 things/people that make me smile:

1. The glow of friendship. Whenever I see friends, I'm smiling, even if you don't see it.
2. A really good book/graphic novel. Impossible to name 'em all, but Gaiman, Dick, and Herbert all come to mind.
3. On that note, good music. Ask me if you want to find out more about my taste. But, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beatles, Travis, and the Beach Boys are all high up on the list.
4. T-shirts with cool captions/motifs. I guess it shows in the way I dress, hey?


4 ways to win my heart:

1. To accept me for what I am, but also to be brave enough to tell me about my flaws.
2. Must be able to talk to me. Random stuff, serious stuff, everything.
3. Personal space is important.
4. To just let me know that you care. That I mean something to you.


4 things I believe:

1. God has a purpose for you, for me, for everybody. For the world.
2. Love will lead the way.
3. Hold on, if you feel like letting go.
4. "Nobody's creepy from the inside, Hazel. Some of them are sad, and some of them hurt, and some of them think they're the only real thing in the whole world. But they're not creepy."
(btw, brownie points if you recognised the quote without googling)

4 things I'm afraid of:

1. Dying alone.
2. Not loving enough, and being loved.
3. Not living up to my purpose.
4. That I'll never know how to tell my family that I love them.


4 things/people I wanna see right now:

1. My buddies. It's been too long since we last hung out, my friends...
2. The Red Hot Chili Peppers, live in concert.
3. Broken Flowers. Because, uhm, I was supposed to watch it but didn't. And I like Bill Murray.
4. You. I know, this isn't supposed to be cryptic, but I changed my mind. Any requests for more information on this will be greeted with a polite silence =)


4 people who should also do this:
1. Magdelene, because it's something to keep your mind off the flu!
2. 2nd arrow for taupok. Just because.
3. Err, SML. Because you never ever update your blog anyway.
4. Ziy. You're on break too; you've got no excuse not to do this!


Have a good break, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home