Saturday, December 03, 2005

Most excellent.

My feet are hurting like mad and my eyes are half-closed but I'm friggin happy. Totally great day.

Paper - wells, I said that I don't want to talk about it, and I still don't, but I suppose running outta things to write with 10 mins to spare isn't as bad as running out with an hour to spare. No comments.

Then we had prayer/sharing. Great time of fellowship. Spiritual food. And I'm thankful for this little prayer group that we have, that we can come together in Christ to remind ourselves of why we're here, the greater purpose and meaning behind all this.

Lunch, then ice-skating, with the usual TG8 group - and Nelson joined us, and man, he can skate! Lester came for lunch too but he had to drive afterwards so he didn't come into the rink. All the best to Lester for his driving test tomorrow! Our prayers are with you!

Oh, yeah, that ice-skating thing - I can sorta skate, to my utter surprise, even though I've only skated once before like many many years ago (and no I cannot rollerblade). But, crap, at times I was so focused on not falling down to the point of stress. At least I didn't have any painful falls, so yeah, cannot complain. And Pet's friends came to join us - the more the merrier, cool.

Then we went to shoot pool when they closed the rink for resurfacing. And I cannot friggin shoot pool anymore - the aiming's all off. Still, Bert and I have a theory as to why we weren't on form today, but that stays between us...

After that, family time - my mother's birthday. Went to Crystal Jade. Good food, great company. Am thankful for my family, which I so often take for granted.

And after we got back I was sorta figuring that that should be the end and I should probably shower and go to bed but then my brother wanted to go shoot pool. Even though I'd already shot pool earlier in the day, and he too had already shot pool earlier in the day. But okay, fine, if my brother jios me out to shoot pool how can I say no? So we went to shoot pool. Living within walking distance of a pool parlour helps.

And I am really really thankful that we could really spend some quality time together. I mean, I'm not naturally close to my brother. I seriously care for him but our interests are just so different that we often have no common ground. But I'm seriously very happy that today we could just spend time together talking about random stuff, of having that shared moment of empathy. Just relating to each other, sharing what's been going on with our lives, just...being brothers. And there's really nothing more I can ask for.

Oh, and yeah, I shot better pool in the evening with my brother. Bert, our theory is holding firm...

Thanks, everyone, for a friggin excellent day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home