Sunday, October 16, 2005

Of midnight runs and answered prayers...

There's something about running alone in the middle of the night that just gives clarity and vision. Frustration and unanswered questions just give way to peace of mind and resolution. Seems to me that things are always simple - we people are the ones who make them complicated. And I'm thankful for this sense of perspective, to see things in the proper light, and to just make sense of it all.

Sitting outside in the cool night air and thinking about the mystery of life. Just chillin in the still of the night. Savour the moment while it lasts. Solitude has its pleasures, after all.

Companionship is important to me as well. But there's a time and place for everything, and this is the time for the solace of silent introspection.

And whatever the world throws at me, it's these moments of silence that remind me of who I am. Where I'm from. And where I'm going. My background and my roots, as well as my future and my goals.

My identity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home