Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Drivin'.

There's something oddly liberating about driving alone in the middle of the night. The empty roads, the passing lights, the low purr of the engine. A reflection of how I'm driving my life through the vastness of creation, stretching to infinity and beyond. How I'm in control of my personal destiny, in this crazy world where nothing seems certain, where answers are elusive and I'm still trying so very hard to lead a Christian life, in thought and word and deed.

It's the thinking that's the hardest. To shed the ways of the world and adopt a truly Christian worldview. It's in the little things. Like how there's no such thing as "luck", only God's will. How there's no "gut feeling", only the Holy Spirit speaking to us. How God's truth is not the same as intellectual pursuit - while we can gain insights into this truth through intellectual pursuit, not all intellectual pursuit leads to God's truth.

But I'll keep trying. Because ultimately, it's about the decisions I make. It's about the way I choose to shape my life, not let external events shape my life for me. It's about finding and fulfiling my true purpose with the time I've been given.

How are you driving your life?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughtful.. :)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home