Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Things are good, but...

It's just the small niggly problems that you can never predict until you're facing them.

The problem with saving money on food by buying groceries in cheap family packs:
you end with too much of the same thing. I am SO SICK OF CARROTS. Bought like 1kg of carrots, and now I'm clearing them by throwing a carrot or two in every time I cook. And I still have tons of them left. Just great.

The problem with saving money on food by loading up at cheap buffets (yes, there's a certain theme to all this):
You look for the buffet which has the most value for money. You eat there three times a week. And then you get really sick of the food there. I'm not going back to Samos for a week or two - it's tremendously good value, but I'm tremendously tired of eating the same fricking things.

The problem with meeting new people from all over the world:
It can be a little hard to understand everyone, with all the different accents and intonations. And don't get me started on having to remember so many names. Still, this is the once aspect of life here that I'm not gonna whine about too much - it's actually sort of fun.

The problem with escaping the heat in Singapore:
It's fricking cold here. Like, it's supposed to be summer still, but it was HAILING a few mornings ago. And I'm getting rashes, due to the dry air. It's getting a little annoying.

The problem with living in a nice cosmopolitan city like København:
It comes at nice cosmopolitan city prices. SGD$15 for a meal out (and it's just fast food or something similar). SGD$3.50 to get on the fricking bus for just 5 minutes. SGD$30 for a week's worth of phone bills. You get the idea.

The problem with being in København:
I'm missing friends, family, and a certain dear girl in particular.

Don't get me wrong - it's all been pretty good so far. Things are as well as can be expected. It's just these things that are sorta bugging me. Oh, that, and the fact that the wireless doesn't really work, so I have to go to the study every time I want to use the Internet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pls cont to blog more! im enjoying reading all ur little snippets. And i hope ur nasty rashes go away soon! I'm having rashes back home too, haha! Eergh.. know completely how you feel.. :)

say hi to mau mau for me!! when u next see him of course. it must be gd to see familiar faces abroad :)

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home