Sunday, September 02, 2007

The touristy student thing.

I would blog more, but I'm too busy actually experiencing life here. And I'm suffering from Internet connection problems, and so I have a good excuse to get out of the house, instead of sitting in front of the computer the whole day.

Incidentally, my shaky Internet connection means that I won't be uploading any photos. Let's hope the problems are resolved soon, then.

Last Saturday, we went to Weihan's landlord's place, where we cooked curry. Obviously we didn't do it from scratch; we used one of those pre-mixed packets. Just add water and chicken and potatoes, and hey presto, curry. Dined with Christian, the landlord, and Jan, a Polish gentleman who's moving out today.

On Sunday, we had a dinner party of sorts at my house. We cooked curry. Again. Hey, we had to finish up the half-used packet! Joining us for dinner was Tove, my landlady, Martin, her brother, Louisa, Martin's girlfriend, and Yulin, my Taiwanese housemate.

On Monday, I spent the day doing administrative things, like applying for a bank account and all that jazz.

On Tuesday, Maurice came over from Aarhus. We walked around.

On Wednesday, we took city bicycles to the statute of the Little Mermaid. Our verdict? Entirely overrated. Checked out the International Students' Night at the Student House also; not a great success.

On Thursday, we cooked chicken rice for Anna, Christian's friend.

On Friday, Mau and I went to Tivoli Gardens to check out the place, and for a Danish rock concert in the evening. We went to the Carlsberg brewery first though. Walked around town pretty buzzed for the whole afternoon. Let's hope we don't make a habit out of this. Freaking cheap beer though - 25 DKK (about SGD$7-8) for 2 beers.

On Saturday, we had another dinner party with Yulin's friends. Got an invite to a party at the student's dorm not too far away after that, thanks to Eva, Yulin's friend. Decent music, cheap beer, friendly people. Some were a little too friendly, but let's just leave it at that.

Today, I woke up, did the laundry, cooked lunch, ate lunch, came up, and here I am.

The funny thing is, there's actually so much more I did, but I'm too tired to post it all up. These are just the highlights of each day. The hours we spent just wandering the city, the buffets we ate, the casual conversation just throughout the days... It's a memory I hope to hold onto for years to come.

School starts on Monday. Wish me luck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home