Saturday, April 08, 2006

Like brothers on a hotel bed.

I wish I could say I haven't been blogging because I've been busy doing productive things, but I'd be lying if I said that. So, time for a rather lengthy post, in (sorta) chronological order, before I hit the books.

After the crim presentation the Friday before, which went fairly well, I basically spent the whole weekend and Monday trying to work on the contract tutorial. Which was extremely tough. Still, we'll see if it comes out for the exams.

On Tuesday, somehow managed to get persuaded into digging out my old VJ uniform for another random weird TG 8 thing to commemorate the last contract tutorial. Since a picture paints a thousand words...

-------------------------------------------

Before the madness began.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. Yue-En looks disturbingly amused...

Obligatory defamatory shot.

Ambushed as I emerged from the classroom.

Punching above my weight! Assault, battery, abetment, and probably grievous injurt, in a single photograph...

The aftermath.

"What? It was self-defence!"

Sepia shot.

Less serious this time.

Uhm, not serious at all.

-------------------------------------------

Ahem. No, I don't know how I get suckered into these strange situations. Still, it's been a blast, TG 8. Our weird group dynamics started in a contract class, and I suppose the last tutorial deserved a worthy flourish. Not like we're not gonna meet up anymore, even though school's out.

The moots were on Thursday. I suppose I did well; while I cannot really judge my own performance, I was comfortable and poised, and was able to answer the probing questions. Good comments from 2 out of 3 tutors; the 3rd tutor had some insightful things to say about my answering ability and my grounding in basic principles, but I suspect that I did the best I could have, given the knowledge I possessed.

Also, big props to Audrey, my lovely partner, for supporting me and putting up with my antics throughout the whole process. You rock, girl. And to Trissypoo, Petripoo, and Weichin, for the support. Am super appreciative, as I said; your presence made all the difference in the world.


-------------------------------------------

The lovely Audrey, looking very very sharp.

Friendly, isn't she?

-------------------------------------------

Dinner and drinks with TG 12 at Timbre after the moots. Aside from the 2 jugs of cat's piss we got instead of the Heineken, it was an enjoyable evening out - we finally understood some things that had been bugging us, and it was good company. Also, special congratulations to Jo-Ann, who is pregnant! Thanks for doing your best for us despite the physical challenges you faced quietly. I finally understand...and appreciate it.

KBox on Friday afternoon with Tris, Pet, Mag, Weichin. I shall not comment on my singing ability. Neither shall I comment on the unkind remarks I got about my choice of music! I maintain that I am merely surrounded by musical philistines who are unappreciative of true art! Still, good fun, good company, even if the singing was really really horrendous at times. I absolve myself of all responsibility!

The final 40 Days of Purpose campaign cellgroup was held on Friday night. It was very very powerful and insightful, largely thanks to the hard questions that Adrienne and Zhengfeng posed. I'm thankful for the chance to share my beliefs. And that, really, is all that I can say...all I can do now is to pray that I am fulfilling the Great Commission in my own limited way, and that God will touch hearts and change lives.

Headed down to Pet's room at PGP after cellgroup for a night of drunken debauchery with Ahbert, Big K, Rui, Tris, Pet, Mag, and Weichin. Well, actually, we didn't get drunk. Surprisingly limited quantities of alcohol were consumed. There was no debauchery either. Oh, sure, all 7 guys and girls were squeezed into one small PGP room, and the bed was definitely jam-packed, but it was all 100% clean. As far as I know. So, what did we do in the end? Talked, cracked jokes, shared our thoughts, embarassed the crap out of each other, and forced secrets to the surface. Some probing went further than it should have; but that's really an academic point, given that things have already happened. Ah wells.

In other words, business as usual.


And thus concludes my narrative of the events of the past week. You'll have to wait for another post if you want insights or musings.

Oh, and on a sidenote, more photos will be uploaded when I get them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha YES - Pet & Weichin r holding onto photos!

And i was fine with ur singing, rem? Choice of songs... cute :) - M

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home