Monday, April 24, 2006

A real update, for once.

It's been a very long time since I really posted. I know, the last few posts have been mostly filler, but it's the exam period afterall, and time is really short. Still, I guess you lot deserve a decent update.

The last couple of weeks have basically been spent mugging all day in the Students' Lounge, the final snail-free bastion. Well, ok, that's only because I wasn't kiasu enough to book a classroom the moment booking was open. Still, the lounge is a pretty good place to study, once you get used to the funny smell. And the fact that you're basically Exhibit A in the specimen case, open to scrutiny by all passerbys. Then again, I've got my quiet little corner, I've got my power plug, I've got my music, and I've got friends who come and either kacheow me or study in silence with me - what else could I ask for?

Broke my routine last Friday night and went for dinner and drinks with my fellow sufferers. The original idea was to have a snack at 8ish, then go back and work somemore before we went for dinner/supper. Somehow, I don't think we really got any work done after that snack - people started going all crazy in the lounge. Jumping around, filming advertisements, bopping to their own beat...you get the idea. If you don't get the idea, don't sweat it, it's just another embarassing little scene that will always remain at the back of our minds, no matter how much we try to forget.

So, we gave up eventually and decided to speedwalk down to Blooies', because their kitchen was closing and we needed food. Like BADLY. Made it down in 12 minutes flat. Well, Tris, Pet, Huiying and I made it; Adrienne and Weishan lagged behind and strolled in 5 minutes before last orders. Still, we made it! Good food, entertaining patrons (a birthday celebration; aww, how sweet!), and good beer. And, most importantly: good company. Some days just end well.

So, that was Friday. Followed by a mugmug weekend, interspersed with good family time on Saturday night and church on Sunday. For those interested: my brother's now 17. Young still, but the years have a funny way of catching up. Seems just like yesterday that he was still a little RI kid...oh, wait, that was just last year. Nevermind.

Legal Theory today was...ok. I managed to draw a Venn Diagram in my essay about the law and morals. If that doesn't set my essay apart from the rest, nothing will. And all the time I spent fleshing out my personal conception of the law actually helped, to my surprise. Am thankful. Had a good prayer meeting afterwards, just meeting and sharing with all the prayer group people, and giving thanks for everything that has happened in our lives.

Prayer meeting was followed by an unwinding session at Essential Brew at Holland V, with the usual TG8 group, plus Jean, Weishan and Ven, sans Ahbert. Again, excellent food, excellent atmosphere, and most excellent company. It's true; I'm not sure how I could ever get through this lawschool thing without all my friends. I'm not really good at expressing myself, but all I can say is that I'm thankful for all the people surrounding me who keep me laughing, who keep me sane. Who make me glad to be alive. Who remind me of my place and purpose.

Crim awaits; I know I should start work, but I'm also reluctant to. Ah well, abang is relaked, but he should also be wary of being too relaked. He runs the risk of missing the chances that life offers him. And that applies to so much more than just schoolwork. Still, we'll see how things go, eh? No stress, nosiree!

Just 9 more days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home