Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mid-term Breeeeeeaaaaaaak!

...but I'm not done with my closed memo!

I feel really stupid. Why is this memo thing crawling along, not flowing like it should? Maybe I need to slack less, drink less, and focus more. Pfft. Take this for example. If I have time to blog, why shouldn't I be working on the closed memo? They're both just thinking and typing anyway, they both involve my sitting down in front of the computer and tapping away, they're more or less the same darn thing!

And I just started a new paragraph instead of closing the window and getting back to work. Pfft.

And what if I end up doing the same thing when I should be working on that torts test? (Argh, test, argh!) I hope I don't have to force myself to work by heading down to the law library during mid-term break to study :( So mugger!

Anyway. The point of today's entry. Is it cool for guys to express their feelings? Read: should guys cry in public? Wait, maybe "cool" isn't the right word. Maybe the question is just this: what's wrong with guys doing "touchy-feely" emotional stuff like crying in public?

I don't know, but I ain't shedding tears in public, thankyouverymuch.

Darned if I can tell you why, though. Suddenly, that memo thing seems easier than this.

Maybe it's just about stereotypes. You know, macho guys, boys don't cry, the whole manly-man thing. But, it's not like I think of myself as particularly macho or manly-man anyway. I just think of myself as...this dude. I'm no Clint Eastwood, but neither am I a Trent (http://trent.blogspot.com/). I'm just...I don't know. Maybe "some dude" works for now.

Or maybe I'm just scared to show that I care. I don't know why either.

So, the point being - go watch Be With Me. It's a local film anyway, be patriotic! Be a (wo)man, do the right thing! Support the local film industry, especially the non-mainstream, non-Jack Neo productions, yo!

Why? Because I haven't had a movie touch me like this since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Because if you actually read this far, I suppose you do care a little about what I think. And because this is the closest I'll come to talking about my feelings...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home